Sunday, August 11, 2013

I fell in love again.

So it is no secret to any of my readers (260,000 page views!) that I have essentially gone away. Its OK, it is not you, it is me. You see, for all of my talk about writing about what I really care deeply about, and maybe hitting on a product review here and there, I basically wasn't living that way. I decided to devote every minute to trying to DO the things I love. So I did. And I am still.

A few updates.

For one, the new Merrell Ascend Glove is the best shoe ever built. Seriously, for me it is the perfect shoe. Enough cushion for the long haul, wide toebox, full length rock plate (but very flexy anyway), and zero-drop. Plus, it looks awesome. Try it.

For two, I helped Moira finish her first trail half marathon. For those of you that know where this blog came from well, you know what a huge damn deal that is for real. I am so proud, and so taken aback by where she is now and the hell we went through when she was sick, well, I just can't talk about it. I have not the words nor the fortitude to revisit that place in my my head.

For three, I have been birding and biking and camping and hiking and running and taking advantage of every minute I can in a hectic summer of hard work and travel. It has been amazing, stressful at times, but enlightening. I think I am coming up on a lot of new insights and some real clarity on where this blog is going to go in the future. For starters, it will focus more fully on the whole active outdoor lifestyle, not necessarily just running. But I digress, stay tuned.

So yeah, I am back online again, and I have ideas. I can't wait to share them with you.





P.S. It was really the Merrell Ascend Glove I fell in love with.  Amazing.


2 comments:

Bry said...

Glad to see you back!

Small question...are those a pair of Crush Gloves she's running in?

Zak said...

Thanks, Bry!

Yep, Moira has Crush Gloves on in the picture from the hotel room. She was just messing around the night before the race, though. She wore Ascend Gloves on race day just like I did.